It was raining in the morning and my children prayed for heavy rain and thunder storm in the afternoon so that I will not go for my soccer fellowship. And I prayed for good weather and told them God will determine if I should play soccer that day or not. And God is good.....He gave us a cool and windy afternoon and 16 of us appeared at the field for a wonderful soccer fellowship.
I shared the devotion on "A New View Of Change" written by Julie Ackerman Link on Our Daily Bread, 1st April 2012. She said: "People hate change, or so I hear. But the change we generally resist is the kind that we think will make our situation worse rather than better. We eagerly change jobs when it means higher pay and more influence. We happily move to a bigger house in a better neighborhood. So it’s not change in general that we hate; it’s change that involves loss—sometimes physical; other times emotional or psychological. Change is both inevitable and necessary. If everything stays the same, no one is growing."
"一直以来,人们都讨厌改变。不过,通常我们所抗拒的改变,是我们认为情况会变得更糟,而不是变得更好。倘若能得到更优渥的薪资、更高的职位,我们则期盼能有这样的改变。我们也很高兴能搬进更大的房子,身处于更好的社区。因此,概括而言,我们所厌恶的并不是改变,而是因改变所带来的损失,有时是实质上的损失;有时是情绪上或心理上的损失。改变是不可避免的,更是不可或缺的。倘若一切万物维持不变,就没有成长。"
Faith in Christ will keep us steady in the stormy sea of change. - Our Daily Bread 人生之海风云变幻,有主引领一无所惧。- 灵命日粮
As Kevin said it was unplanned but the Veterans took the field against the 'used to be called Galacticos' with lots of attacking and defending (guess which team did more of what!). We have a great time and I believe everyone enjoyed the soccer fellowship especially with the cool weather and we didn't even break for a drink.
And guess what, the weather actually change to darker clouds as we are leaving the field.......
No comments:
Post a Comment