After the devotion, the players were grouped as either white or other colours to begin the fellowship game. In this session, we welcomed Edwin and Danial (brought by 'Uncle Danial') for joining us. We also have players like Jing Zhong (back from his Taiwan trip) and Isaac back to join us for a good-work. The weather was good but the field is not in ideal conditions due to the different type of soil that is present in the ground compared to other schools like Greenview Sec Sch. Nevertheless, our 11 players took to the field gamely and really enjoyed themselves in a soccer game. The score was already like...5-3?...to the non-white team by the end of the first half of the session. Imagine the goal-scoring opportunities which both sides have had. In the second half of the session, both teams started in very similar fashion as they did in the first half. I left by 4.30pm so I would not have known the final score but that does not really matter. I am quite sure all of them enjoyed the session very much. I attached some photos of our players in actions so hope you enjoy them!
Friday, August 09, 2013
SOCCER FELLOWSHIP REPORT (3RD AUGUST)
"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me" from Luke 9:23. This was the verse mentioned in the devotion that day before we start the soccer fellowship. I was sharing with everyone about Miserable Success from the Daily Bread topic on June 28. Most people, including Christians like myself, tends to forget that we need to let go of our own desires in order to be true God followers. Hence the sharing to remind ourselves that we will fail or even succeed miserably when we lose focus on God and try to achieve something without truly having Him involved in our daily lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment